For legacy organizations, digital transformation can be a daunting task. Ingrained behaviour, a traditional culture, organizational structures, and team capabilities can make digital transformation seem like a pipe dream. But it’s not. Our system strategy framework sets the foundation for activities and learnings that can make an immediate—and growing—impact towards improving service delivery and customer experience.
We identified current state and future state goals based on real-world personas and digital access scenarios from across the province.
We worked with Ontario’s major public sector benefits provider to uncover short-term and long-term opportunities to deliver improved service to benefits seekers. By first conducting the research necessary to understand the customer journey of current and potential benefit seekers across a variety of programs, we successfully identified current state and future state goals based on real-world personas and digital access scenarios from across the province.
Digging deep into current program delivery models—and existing digital products, from web-only to mobile-tuned apps—we were able to identify and coach the various program delivery teams through best practices and ongoing approaches to bring improved products to market and refine existing products to improve adoption and engagement.
The results: from legacy org to digital savvy
- Embedded processes and best practices to help the team take next steps to product improvements on their own
- A clear understanding of how and where to improve service delivery across a variety of programs in order to exceed customer expectations and accelerate service delivery
- Understanding where program alignment and internal team collaboration across a variety of programs can improve customer experience
- A short-term action plan for quick wins that will improve customer adoption and engagement
- Forward-thinking product refinement and new channel opportunities to accelerate program-delivery and reduce administration costs.