Increase engagement across your entire audience with the benefits of an accessible website
With any web design project we work on, we bake accessible practices into the process. Not only is it more economical to start with accessibility in mind—rather than try to fix for accessiblity later—but you’ll see the benefit right away with increased engagement and a broader addressible market.
Making your product or service accessible is done by removing barriers that prevent people from accessing your content.
Accessibility at its core is about reaching people with a wide variety of abilities and ways of interacting with and understanding your services, products, and content. Achieving this requires an expert mix of content, design, and code best practices. We’ve done the hard work of understanding these requirements, how to execute, and bring these practices to your team for ongoing improvements and future projects.
There’s no better time than today to bring a more accessible website to market
An accessible website opens up new market opportunities by ensuring your products and services are functionally accessible for disabled users or people with other accommodation needs. But this approach also helps improve access for all by ensuring your content is as understandable and available as possible, regardless of where, when, and on what screen people are interacting with your content.
Start your next website project with an accessible approach to save your team from costly rework and redesigns in the future, and ensure you meet legislated compliance requirements like AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) or ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). With ever more intuitive accessible software built into today’s computers and smartphones, there’s never been a better time to bring accessible practices to your organization.
Our accessible design and development service mix
- Identifying the key goals of the website design from the organization’s perspective
- Working with key stakeholder groups from across the organization to ensure the website is meeting the needs of marketing, sales, product and service, support, and partnership or fundraising teams
- Research and planning to determine essential audiences, use cases, and outcomes to help users meet their needs while driving them towards organizational goals
- Working with internal teams to understand where improvements to internal accessibility and inclusive design processes can be made
- Creating interfaces and designs with accessibility in mind from the start, including straightforward user flows, plain language, and colour contrast considerations.
- Establishing how the website will look, feel, and function across different devices and use cases, including mobile, tablet, and desktop, all in consideration of different interaction models including mouse, touch, keyboard, and voice.
- Designing an intuitive user interface that will help users find the information they need, interact with content, and respond to calls to action (CTAs)
- Building functional prototypes with the organizational objectives in mind to accommodate both stakeholder approval and user testing
- Work with your team to establish key milestones and coordinate deadlines for launch
- Deliver standards-based front end code with a focus on code optimization, reuse, accessibility, and multi-platform support, that complies with WCAG 2.1 requirements, and applicable regional accessibility legislation like AODA and ADA
- Providing best practices and support for ongoing content updates to help ensure content remains accessible
- Quality assurance testing to ensure the digital product meets and exceeds expectations for both the organization and the audience
- Providing a framework for monitoring engagement, conversions, and general performance, all with privacy in mind
- A/B and multivariate testing to identify the best possible variation of site elements, layouts, and flows
- Reviewing analytics data for insights into user behaviour
- Accessible user testing to identify additional ways to improve and refine the website for access and engagement
Need help making your existing website more accessible?
Get started today with the Inclusive Website Audit
Our expert team will audit your website for usability, accessibility, and inclusion considerations needed to capture your full potential market.Explore the Inclusive Website Audit packages
Accessibility requires organizations to be considerate of their audience’s physical, mental, and cognitive states—from how people think, understand, interact or move, see or hear—and then design their products and services so that these diverse needs and behaviours are accommodated.
By removing barriers that limit access to your content—and providing access to your website in different ways—it means that everyone can choose the most effective way for them to engage with your website, including people with a broad range of hearing, vision, cognitive, or motor skills abilities.
Simply put: open up access to your content, and you ensure increased engagement and access to market.
Ready to bring web accessibility best practices to your website?Get in touch
Selected accessible design and development clients
Ready to bring accessible design and development practices to your team?Get in touch